1111

`-=the frustrated chef=-

[Name] Joy Jarbadan-Salinas
[Age] *secret*
[Location] manila
[status] married to
[hubby]John Salinas
[united as one on] 06.18.05
Email me!

-=kitchen wish list=-

KITCHENAID MIXER
OVENTOP GRILLE
STAINLEES STEEL FRIDGE

-=Cooking and Baking Suppliers=-

Chocolate Lovers
KILLION
COOK'S EXCHANGE

-=my good eats=-

-=Monthly Menu=-

August 2005
September 2005
August 2009

Tuesday, August 30, 2005
mY oWn fOOd bLoG...

I have always been a frustrated chef. Eversince I was in grade school, I have always been a cooking show addict...way back when Nora Daza and Sylvia Reynoso-Gala were the queens of afternoon cooking shows, and Chinese food meant WOK WITH YAN.

My very first attempt to cook was when I was in Grade 5, and having no househelp around, I was tasked to cook our food one time and experimented with sinigang na bangus. It was very maasim!!! I remember I had our unripe piko mangoes as paasim....and truly it was super maasim!! I was laughed at by my sisters, but my ever-supportive dad thought it was masarap. My dad encouraged me with my cooking...and now, after that dismal first dish, I can now be proud of my cooking prowess, something which I know my dad would also have been proud of, had he still be with us today.

Today, Heny Sison reigns the baking world, and Chinese cooking is definitely Ming Tsai's. Yet I continue to pursue my passion for cooking. For almost two decades, I have collected a lot of recipes from newspaper and magazine clippings, including notes taken down while watching cooking shows.I have almost 20 cookbooks in my collection, and I have tried quite a number of recipes already.

I started basically with main dishes, and eventually ventured into baking. I am a frustrated chef and baker. Had I known culinary arts was a lucrative undertaking, I would have taken it up instead of toiling it over engineering. Yet, culinary arts then was only for the elite. So I have to be content with being an engineer, with cooking and baking as a sideline. Who knows, someday, it will be the other way around.

So now, let me share with you some recipes from my collection which I have personally tried to cook or bake, goodies which are definitely worth the time and effort. From time to time, I will share them with you, plus some tips and some anecdotes on a certain dish.

Join me on my personal journey in food and its preparation...and of course...in eating!!

joy whipped up this dish... @ 7:53 AM

----------

Yummy Talk

0 Food reviews

bE mY fOoD cRiTiC


Comments: Post a Comment

-=Foodstuff=-

Pinoy Cook
Pinoyfoodtalk!
Nestle Good Food
Kusina ni Manang

-=Foodtalk=-

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

-=CrEd!tS=-

CulinaryPosters
Blogger
Blogskins